Little Steeping, St Andrew

Little Steeping, St Andrew*

Built of local Spilsby sandstone by Thomas de Redying between 1318 and 1353, replacing an earlier Anglo Saxon church reputed to be under the supervision of St Chad. Wooden altar, modern stone altar and wooden screen worth viewing. Stained glass windows above altar commemorate Revd Steere, an incumbent who became Bishop of Zanzibar. He translated the Bible into Swahili. His wife is buried in the peaceful churchyard. Photo display.

Open: 31 Aug - 1st Sept
Saturday 10am–4pm
Sunday 10am–4pm

Postcode: PE23 5BL
Get daily updates on the festival in social media:

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
*Photo Credit Basil Harwood