|Bag Enderby, St Margaret*
St. Margaret’s is Perpendicular in style; built by Albinus de Enderby who died in 1407. It contains an original rood screen, original oak door with Anglo Saxon shield boss nailed to it found in a field nearby, and an interesting font mentioned by Pevsner. There is also some medieval stained glass, some predating the church and considered rare, showing the coat of arms of Crowland Abbey. George Clayton Tennyson was rector here, and in nearby Somersby from 1806 until his death in 1831. The church houses interpretation boards pertaining to Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
Opening Times 9-10 September