|Stickford, St Helen*|
St Helen’s is a Grade II* Listed building dating back to the 13th century, but there was a church here before that is mentioned in the Domesday Book. Outstanding features include medieval pew ends, some of which have undergone conservation work at Lincoln University and are on display in the church. 15th century font, possibly damaged when Cromwell’s troops were stationed here in the Civil War prior to the Battle of Winceby. A medieval bell dating to 1490 stands at the back of the nave, where it was lowered from the tower in 1939. St Helen’s was remodelled by James Fowler of Louth in 1863 when the clerestory windows were removed. Recent major improvement include kitchen and toilet facilities.
Postcode: PE22 8EP