![]() |
| Mareham le Fen, St Helen (church's own photo) |
Fine greenstone Grade II listed, dating from the 13th century and partially rebuilt in 1879. The south door is 14th century and the south isle 15th century. Inside is the gravestone of James Roberts, who accompanied Sir Joseph Banks and Captain James Cook on the first voyage around the world. An illustrated guide is available, which details the various features and artefacts found in the church, including an illuminated scroll which commemorates all the men of the village, who served in the great war and those who gave their lives.
Additional details to those listed in the brochure for 2026
Self guided Tours of the Church and Churchyard.
Displays including the Silent Soldiers of Mareham Le Fen
Illustrated talk on the History of Mareham Le Fen (Sat 3pm)
This is a small selection of kneelers created from 1993 to 1996 by the ladies of the village. A similar display will be on show during the festival.
Light refreshments will be available
Opening Times: 5-6th September
Postcode: PE22 7QU
Saturday 10am–4pm
Sunday 10am–4pm
Sunday 10am–4pm
Get daily updates on the festival on social media. Click here to
The festival is no longer active on Twitter/X
