Benniworth - St Julian

Benniworth St Julian*

The oldest building in the village; dedicated to St Julian of Mans - 3rd/4th century, first Bishop of Le Mans in France. A cruciform structure in the Norman and later styles through many restorations. Western tower has a conical roof containing three bells - still in place but unable to ring due to restoration required to the bell frame.

Spandrels of arches contain ten shields, including the arms of King Henry II, Heneage of Harston, Hare, the See of Lincoln, St Hugh and the Rector, the badges of St Augustine and St Aidan and the monogram of the church warden. The register dates from 1691.

Benniworth St Julian*

Benniworth St Julian*

Benniworth St Julian*


Opening times 5-6th September
Saturday dawn–dusk
Sunday dawn–dusk

Postcode: 
LN8 6JP

Please click the following links to find the festival's social media pages. Do please Like and Follow us for regular updates!

Click here for Facebook/LincsWoldsAndCoastChurches  

Click here for Instagram/churches.festival 

*photo by Ashley Taylor of Push Creativity for the National Churches Trust