Thornton, St Wilfrid


Thornton, St Wilfrid, photo Dave Hitchborne*
Grade II church from the 15th century and restored in 1890 by Ewan Christian.  The organ is one of the oldest in Britain.  It originally was situated in the choristers’ practise room of Magdalen College, Oxford in 1740. The village is mentioned in the 1086 Domesday Book, with 19 households and Robert the Bursar as Lord of the Manor.

Opening times:
Saturday dawn - dusk
Sunday dawn - dusk

Postcode: LN9 5JX

Get daily updates on the festival in social media:

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter


*© Copyright Dave Hitchborne and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.