|Sausthorpe, St Andrew*|
Grade II parish church designed by Charles Kirk and built in the early/mid 19th century on the site of an earlier medieval church. Its construction was sponsored by Revd Francis Swan, Lord of the Manor and parish priest from 1821 until 1878. The church spire is a landmark on the road to the coast. There are two Morris & Co. stained glass windows in the south chancel. T. Pelham Dale, a clergyman imprisoned for ritualistic practices in 1880, was appointed to the living of Sausthorpe after his release and was buried in the churchyard after his death in 1892.
Postcode: PE23 4JJ