|Louth, St James*|
St James’s parish church is internationally famous for the height and beauty of its tower and spire, which was completed in 1515 and is today widely regarded as one of the great achievements of medieval church architecture. The church is mainly fifteenth century Perpendicular, with splendid east and west Perpendicular windows, but the piers and arcades date from the thirteenth century. Two fragments of a very rare mid-tenth century wheel cross, showing the crucified Christ, can be seen on display at the back of the church. It is a busy church which hosts exhibitions, concerts and community events.
Opening times:Saturday 10am-4pm
Postcode: LN11 9YE